Sunday, November 16, 2014

Finish Line

It's hard to believe that I completed the final step of my Spanish degree at Rockhurst this week.

On Wednesday, I presented my Spanish Capstone presentation to students and faculty. It was a bittersweet moment because even though I was proud of finishing my degree, it meant that I'm one step closer to leaving the Rock.

My presentation was over Journalism in Colombia. I was interested in this topic because I am also pursuing a degree in Mass Media Communications, but most importantly, because I am from Colombia. I wanted to highlight the beauty of Colombia and show the reason behind why there tends to be corruption in the field of communications, but also shed some positive light on the issue. After a semester of investigation, I was able to see my hard work pay off at my presentation.

Dra. Rocio De la Rosa Duncan and I

Friends and family were there to support me as well as the Spanish Department faculty composed of a wonderful group of women. I have to thank my Spanish Capstone instructor, Dra. Rocio De la Rosa Duncan. Dra. Duncan, along with the rest of the spanish instructors, are always willing to help and are the reason why I wanted to pursue a Spanish degree.


Junior Claire Minnick, Dra. Rocio De la Rosa Duncan, me, and Dra. Leslie Merced. 

Even though I am one step closer to "the real world",  I will continue to make the most of my time at the Rock.



No comments:

Post a Comment