Monday, November 10, 2014

Ride-to-the-Rock

This past week I was able to participate in Ride-to-the-Rock for the fourth year in a row. Ride-to-the-Rock is an event organized by the Admissions office that allows prospective students to visit Rockhurst campus and spend the night. Students from St. Louis, MO and Omaha, NE are bussed to campus and then bussed back home the following day. High school seniors and some juniors are invited to attend this event, but only the St. Louis and Omaha students are provided transportation.

I attended this event when I was a senior in high school and found it to be influential in my college decision making. The event allowed me to experience campus and interact with current college freshman who had amazing advice.

I've come a long way because this year I was part of the group that helped organize the event. As the Vice President of Ambassadors I encourage prospective students to participate in this event and come visit Rockhurst!
Michelle (Ambassador Secretary) and I at Pizza Bar.
Yummm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment